Take that, billionaire heiresses and your $150 million pocket listings.
Petra Ecclestone may be “quietly” and unofficiallyshopping around the former Spelling Manor in Los Angeles for that amount, but the builder of Le Palais Royal in Florida is willing to go on record with a $139 million price tag. (Click here or on an image for a slideshow.)
“Le Palais Royal is to be the most expensive listing on the market in America,” listing agent William P.D. Pierce said in a news release — “fit for royalty and the upmost refined individual.” (We think he meant “utmost.”)
The price tag is even bigger than the one that’s been dangling from the eaves of the Beverly House, the mansion that hosted William Randolph Hearst, honeymooners JFK and Jackie, and one very famous horse head.
Le Palais Royal by the numbers:
• 60,500 square feet of living space, with 11 bedrooms and 17 bathrooms.
• 492 feet of private dock — enough for a 185-foot mega-yacht, according to Coldwell Banker.
• 22-karat gold leaf on the entrance gate, front door, staircase and kitchen cabinets.
• 6 waterfalls.
• 30+ parking spots in the underground garage.
• 1 IMAX theater — the first ever contracted for residential use, Coldwell Banker says.
• 1,300 gallons of water in the family-room Living Color aquarium. (By point of comparison, an average-size backyard swimming pool would hold somewhere around 17,000 gallons.)
• 4 acres of land.
• 465 feet of beachfront on Millionaires Mile.
• 3 master bedroom suites, plus a “presidential” master suite.
• 12 invocations of the words “palace” or “royal” or permutations — not including the home’s name — in the press release.
• 2015 is the year it’s expected to be finished — six years after work began.
Leave a Reply